Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jamaican Artist


Jamaican Inspiration
Artist Judy Ann MacMillan captures the island on canvas. Here’s a sampling of her work.
(Photo: Courtesy Judy Ann MacMillan) Text by Annie S. Butterworth An avid painter since the age of 4, artist (and new member of the Caribbean Hall of Fame) Judy Ann MacMillan is an expert at capturing every aspect of coastal culture, from the free-spirited people of Kingston to the relaxing blue-green waves of the Caribbean Sea.
Judy Ann’s fascination with Jamaica reflects her emotional connection to the island. She finds childhood memories in the faces of the people and in the natural beauty of the place. “Painting has become the way I express and live my life,” she says. “I never know whether painting filled my life because it was empty, or if I emptied my life in order for painting to fill it.”

0 comments:

If you would like to link to Wilbanks On The Water from your site, please copy & paste the following HTML code onto your site. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

March 25, 1996 ~ March 25, 2010 Forever in our Hearts WE LOVE YOU!